The Manhattan Community Garden started a new and exciting phase in its operations in 2012. Working in conjunction with Riley County, the Garden added a new site at 1435 Collins Lane on Hunter’s Island. Not only did this allow more garden plots, but it also expanded gardening opportunities to all Riley County residents. The site on Riley Lane is restricted to residents of the city of Manhattan.
To apply for a garden plot in *SPRING 2020:*
- Review information about the gardens.
- Read garden rules.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, phone number, and the garden you are interested in – Riley Lane or Collins Lane. Someone will call or email you to get additional
information and help you select a plot.
- Complete the application and mail a check (payable to UFM) in the amount of the plot rental and deposit fees to:
1221 Thurston St.
Manhattan, KS 66502
- If you need to pay by credit card, please indicate this in your initial email and include a phone number. We will call to get credit card information.
- We will email the receipt of the application upon receiving payment and then you are eligible to begin gardening.
No specific plot can be guaranteed.
Plot rental fees are $50 per plot for full fees and $25 for low income fees + a one time plot deposit of $20 for full fees and $10 for low income fees. For more information, email email@example.com or visit the main garden webpage.